Wednesday, September 06, 2017

2016-2017 Panini NBA Hoops Retail

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed their Labor Day.  I uploaded the pics to Blogger weeks ago and promptly ran out of free time to finish the post.  Yes, a pack of this was already posted, but I had the pics already in the folder, so here's a pack of 2016-2017 Panini NBA Hoops!


The pack The King posted almost a year ago was from a blaster box, so technically this is a different pack...it came from the Target gravity feeder box.  10 cards in a pack...lets see what I got:


#99 = Ian Mahinmi
#35 = Mike Conley

I like the border design, but sometimes the name can be hard to read, like with the Conley above,  I also kinda prefer the transaction note on the card as opposed to the player photoshopped into his new uniform.


#90 - Emmanuel Mudiay
#141 - Ricky Rubio

The set is 300 cards total, with cards 261 - 300 reserved for the rookies.


#266 - Buddy Hield (RC)
#173 - Mo Williams

Buddy's one of the more recognizable rookies from last year, mainly because of the DeMarcus Cousins trade.


#5 - Ish Smith (#10/25)
#11 - Derrick Rose

There's no need for me to post my pack of 2016-17 Panini Donruss NBA since Madding took care of it, but they used the same Rose picture in their set.  That put a sour taste in my mouth, putting an end to my basketball purchases this past year.  Why use the transaction note for Ian Mahinmi but not for D-Rose?

As usual, there are no odds listed for the Orange parallel.


#222 - Omer Asik
#169 - Aaron Brooks

See, Panini, a transaction note for a former Bull!

Here are the backs, but you already know what they look like:


Anyway, that's the pack.  Hope everyone enjoys the short work week, and thanks for reading!

No comments: